Recipe: Aunt Gloria’s Glazed Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Pastry for 2 crust pie
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups fresh strawberry
- 2 cups rhubarb (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Combine all the ingredients except the 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a bowl.
- Pour into a prepared 9 inch pastry lined pie shell.
- Dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust.
- Pinch to seal. (Use a little water around the pie rim to seal the crusts to each other.)
- Brush the top of the pie with cold water or milk.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Make slits in the top crust to vent steam.
- Bake at 425 for 40 to 50 minutes.
If you use frozen sweetened strawberries, cut the sugar in half.
Cooking time (duration): 40 to 50 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Microformatting by hRecipe.